Hi all,

We currently deliver a “Writing for the web” training session created in-house. It is time consuming and resource intensive when our team is small, but it does give us the opportunity to meet content creators face-to-face and get a sense of how engaged they are.

We deliver a separate “Authoring corporate websites” course to cover the specifics of using our current clunky non-CMS-based setup. Again, this is put together and delivered by our team but gives us a sense of how competent our devolved authors are and what additional support they might need.

I agree with Claire that an institution’s house style and tone of voice would still need to be covered elsewhere if we were to use an externally produced resource to cover some best practices.

Pooling resources and sharing info is great, but whether I can get budget to buy it in might be another matter!

Josie

Josie Evans

Head of Web and Digital Media

Web Editing and Digital Media Team