On the user interface for spm12 normalisation, there's an option that asks about image smoothness. Enter a value that relates to how smooth your SPECT data are (fwhm in mm). This just needs to be approximate.
If this fails, you can still use the old normalize available as a toolbox.
Best regards,
John