All three methods should produce the same results. However, the approach
mentioned by Chris will be more straightforward. At the first level, you
can have a 2x2 factorial design and form the interaction at the first level
with the contrast [1 -1 -1 1] or [-1 1 1 -1]. Then you can use that
contrast in a one-sample t-test.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School