Hello all,

I have collated a large number of titles for review in the upcoming 2015 editions of the Journal of Screenwriting. If you think you would like to review one of these titles please feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] and I will forward the book to you:

Constructing Dialogue: Screenwriting from Citizen Kane to Midnight in Paris
, by Mark Axelrod, (Continuum, 2014)

Dramatic Story Structure: A Primer for Screenwriters, by Edward J. Fink, (Routledge, 2013)

Film Dialogue, by Jeff Jaeckle, (Columbia University Press, 2013)

Genre: A Guide to Writing for Stage and Screen, by Andrew Tidmarsh, (Bloomsbury Methuen Drama, 2014)

Inside The Writers' Room: Conversations with American TV Writers, by Dr Christina Kallas (Editor), (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013)

Land of Smoke and Mirrors: A Cultural History of Los Angeles, by Vincent Brook, (Rutgers University Press, 2012)

Naked Cinema: Working with Actors, by Sally Potter, (Faber & Faber, 2014)

On Story - Screenwriters and Their Craft, by Barbara Morgan, (University of Texas Press, 2013)

Screenwriting (Behind the Silver Screen), by Andrew Horton (Editor), Julian Hoxter (Editor), (Rutgers University Press, 2014)

Screenwriters and Screenwriting: Putting Practice into Context, by Craig Batty (Editor), (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)

Screenwriting in a Digital Era (Palgrave Studies in Screenwriting), by Kathryn Millard, (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)

Teaching Adaptations, by Deborah Cartmell (Editor), Imelda Whelehan (Editor), (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)

The Film Handbook, by Mark De Valk, (Taylor & Francis, 2013)

The Psychology of Screenwriting: Theory and Practice, by Jason Lee and C. J. P. Lee, (Bloomsbury Academic, 2013)

The Story of the Mexican Screenplay: A Study of the Invisible Art Form and Interviews with Women Screenwriters, by Maria Teresa DePaoli, (Peter Lang, 2011)

The TV Crime Drama (TV Genres), by Sue Turnbull, (Edinburgh University Press, 2014)

Writing the Horror Movie, by Marc Blake and Sara Bailey, (Bloomsbury Academic, 2013)

I will be sending through a further list of titles at the end of January. If you think you would like to review a title not listed here, or are aware of a title that should be reviewed in the journal, please feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] Whilst the journal aims to review texts on theories of the screenplay, published screenplays, biographies of screenwriters and screenwriting manuals, we also accept more general reviews of books that concern the study and history of the film, television, and computer game industries.

If you have published a book that you think would be appropriate for a  Journal of Screenwriting review, please pass on my contact details to your publisher:

Dr Jamie Sherry

Reviews Editor, Journal of Screenwriting (Intellect)

School of Creative Studies and Media

Bangor University

John Phillips Hall, College Road

Bangor, LL57 2DG

United Kingdom

Kind regards,

--
Dr Jamie Sherry

Lecturer in Screenwriting & Senior Tutor
School of Creative Studies and Media
Bangor University
John Phillips Hall, College Road
Bangor, LL57 2DG
United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 (0)1248 382094

Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/creative_industries/jamie_sherry

Rhif Elusen Gofrestredig 1141565 - Registered Charity No. 1141565

Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi, gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar unwaith a dilewch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi, rhaid i chi beidio a defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a gynhwysir ynddi. Mae unrhyw farn neu safbwynt yn eiddo i'r sawl a'i hanfonodd yn unig ac nid yw o anghenraid yn cynrychioli barn Prifysgol Bangor. Nid yw Prifysgol Bangor yn gwarantu bod y neges e-bost hon neu unrhyw atodiadau yn rhydd rhag firysau neu 100% yn ddiogel. Oni bai fod hyn wedi ei ddatgan yn uniongyrchol yn nhestun yr e-bost, nid bwriad y neges e-bost hon yw ffurfio contract rhwymol - mae rhestr o lofnodwyr awdurdodedig ar gael o Swyddfa Cyllid Prifysgol Bangor.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email. Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Bangor University. Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance Office.