Mining giant Rio Tinto has signed a global agreement with Active Navigation to analyse and support the management of its unstructured digital data. Rio Tinto is using Active Navigation to remediate over a petabyte of unstructured content (over a billion files) that’s spread out over five continents.

Scott Singer, Head of Global Business Services at Rio Tinto said: “We generate a huge volume of unstructured data and growth rates are expanding significantly. Our early trials with Active Navigation identified that approximately 40% of our data was eligible for defensible destruction. We are now incorporating Active Navigation software as a primary mechanism for file analysis and disposition.

http://bit.ly/1vWT1sS

http://bit.ly/1vWT1sS+

--
Peterk