Hi Cristina,

Unfortunately, there is no good answer to your question, apart the one
you don't want to hear (i.e. can you get more samples for the smaller
group?).

If you try to leave -one-subject-per-group-out, it will not solve your
problem because only the test set will be balanced, but not the training
set:

The code will build 11 folds, leaving the first subject out of each
group in the first fold, the 2nd in the second fold, and so on. In the
last fold, the test set will comprise the 11th subject of the smaller
group, and the 11th to 30th subjects (i.e. 20 subjects) of the larger group.

You could try to build a custom CV matrix, leaving 3 subjects of the
larger group out, and only 1 from the smaller group. You can save it as
a .mat and input it in PRoNTo. The flexible CV (with GUI) will also soon
be available and you will be able to do that using an interface. I am
not sure it will really help though...

Have you tried other classifiers? Sometimes GP can be better at dealing
with unbalanced training sets than SVM for example. I know LIBSVM
provides algorithms where you can input a weight on each class, but it
is not implemented in PRoNTo unfortunately.

I hope this helps you a little.
Good luck.
Best,
Jessica