I would point out that the correlation of weeds with weedy is totally
incorrect. The reason that many weeds are so prolific is because they
are strongest and best at coping with difficult and harsh environments.
So with many refugees and immigrants.

would fit with my original idea - undeveloped here - of refugees as
metaphorical weeds, born in the wrong place.

>Bill
>

>> On 10 Dec
2014, at 10:22 pm, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]
UK> wrote:
>>
>> I am surprised nobody has yet quoted the old
gardener's saying that a
>> weed is just a flower growing in the wrong
place. But maybe it's a

Message----
>>> From:
>>> Date:
10/12/2014 9:47
>>> To:
>>> Subj: Re:
weeds

>>> I suppose most plants
>> started off as weeds!!these
days on allotments many
>>> have a section for
>> wild life (as in
plants not people)    maybe some poets
>>> are weeds P
>> D'Weed

icured cousins. Quite a line :-)

AC.UK]
>> On
>>> Behalf Of Bill Wootton
>>> Sent: 10 December 2014 09:
18
>>> To:
>>> Subject: weeds

Thanks, Max, Doug, Sheila.
>> I wanted lower case, Doug, for the lower
status
>>> 'plants' they are.
>> Couple of slight tweaks, Max.

Bill