Dear Hanif and Suman,

Thank you for your  email which I have recd today (the 12th of Dec)​ .  I
am in Mumbai and am receiving all the emails on my computer.

I am Prof (Dr) Zenobia Nadirshaw  -a Consultant Clinical Psychologist  by
background and have now retired from  full time NHS work after 39 years.  I
am still actively involved with the Br Psychological Society and the Div of
Clinical Psychology (DCP)   and I  chair a few Committees .  I was Chair of
the` Race ` and Culture Faculty until the DCP Executive Committee closed it
 down ,.I am still unsure exactly why and who took  this decision . It was
felt that we had not achieved much--although I had given enough evidence to
show them that was not the case..

It is v good and reassuring  to know that you  are all concerned as us re
the current situation  of the closure . The DCP Executive has appointed Mr
Stephen Weatherthead  who is one of the DCP Executive Committee  members to
take the lead for the DCP Equality and Diversity strategy. He is committed
to "creating a positive future" and in my opinion he is a reliable person
to initiate these changes. My only worry  is that they want  to subsume the
`race` and culture agenda under the Equality and Diversity  strategy and
one will lose the focus on the `race` and culture emphasis which is highly
relevant in the  psychology  service provision  area as well as psychology
teaching area.  I would be grateful  if you  continue  to place emphasis on
the `race` and culture perspective within the overall Equality and
Diversity agenda.

I wd be grateful if you remain in contact with me as I have a good
understanding of all the issues and related matters..

I look forward to hearing from you...
With thanks and good wishes,

Prof (Dr ) Zenobia Nadirshaw