From: Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CHARLES OPPENHEIM
Sent: 11 December 2014 17:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: page 5 of latest CILIP Update

So the panel of three CAN reject a candidate's nomination, even if formal requirements have been met, on the say-so of three people who deem there is "insufficient evidence"??

I admit I failed to pick up on Regulation 61 when the AGM motions were proposed last year.  I recommend that Regulation 61 be abolished.  Do others agree?

 I repeat.  It's for the membership to decide who gets voted in, not a cabal of three. Or doesn't CILIP have confidence in the judgement of its members?

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim