From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Prince Hannah (RQW) Pr Alexandra Hosp Tr
Sent: 04 December 2014 12:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: kindle question

I’m with Sarah – consider going with Kobo (or an another e-reader which reads epub format) instead of Kindle. Same general experience, and there are free e-books whichever platform you choose, but if your devices read epubs then you can borrow from your public library, and you can buy from Blackwells and other suppliers as well as direct.

If you’re going to help them with purchasing, it might be worth looking at the e-books section of the national framework agreement - I haven’t looked in to this, but maybe they could get NHS discounts?

Best wishes,

Hannah

Hannah Prince

Knowledge & Library Services Manager

Princess Alexandra Hospital Library

Parndon Hall, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, Hamstel Rd., Harlow, Essex CM20 1QX

Tel 01279 827112 / 7021

Email [log in to unmask]