Dear all

Please see the responses I received from my question to above

Many thanks for your help as always
Happy Christmas
Maureen

We do a web site of the month - you can see them by browsing back in our blog: http://northantspslibraries.blogspot.co.uk/2014_12_01_archive.html. They are quite often sites that we have recently come across and found useful, or standard sites that we think are worth highlighting.

What good timing!  you reminded me that I hadn't done my "website of the month" as December blog editor, so now I have (lacking inspiration I used EU Clinical Trials register as we have been discussing supporting research in the trust) the choice is at the editor's discretion and very eclectic

See our blog (the only library website) at
https://eastdorsetnhslibrary.wordpress.com/
you can search on the tag to see previous 'months'

Not a direct answer but have you come across the Scout Report
https://scout.wisc.edu/report/current

It is  US-based with a focus on science but picks up a lot of medical sites as well as general interest material.  Might fill in a gap!
Jenny

Dear Maureen,
I did a "50 Resources for Healthcare" series in 2013 - recommended resource for each week (excluding the Xmas hols).
You can see it here http://hlnews.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/50Resources

The resources selected were a mixture of our own resources (ie what we subscribe to), Core Content and freely available. Most pretty standard stuff - a mix of resources (databases, journals, ebooks, etc), career support, NHS / govt stuff

This year I am doing "App of the Month" http://hlnews.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/apps
Again along the principle of stuff we pay for and the essentials.

I'd recommend that you plan all entries for the time period you are covering so you're not trying to think of something that week.
I used a blog and was able to create and schedule entries well in advance - I think I was only caught out once when an interface changed and was able to correct it quickly. This made it easy to plan the workload.

WE haven't done 'Website of the Month' but did a series of 'App of the Month' (very well received and noticed at senior levels) and are now on 'E-book of the Month'.

We do a few quality checks then, on the 'App of the Month' we went for free apps, reliable producers, knowledge-oriented rather than treatment-related (e.g. NICE guidance rather than an app aiming to track depression symptoms), available for more than just iPad (so that ruled out Cochrane) etc.  This limited us a bit in a mental health trust (which is why we're now on eBooks!).

We put an item in the monthly staff newsletter, a poster up in the libraries, and a very brief item for the corporate screensaver.

LIBRARY EMAIL ADDRESS: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Maureen Horrigan
Library & Knowledge Service Manager
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Thomas Drive
Liverpool
Merseyside
L14 3PE

Tel: 0151 600 1404
Fax: 0151 600 1515
Clinical quality, research and informatics

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and / or proprietary Trust information, some or all of which may be legally privileged, and may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

The information held herein should only be used for its initial intended purpose(s).  It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only and any unauthorised use, storage, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient then please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then destroy any copies.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Trust.  All incoming and outgoing e-mails and other forms of telecommunication may be monitored.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and / or proprietary Trust information, some or all of which may be legally privileged, and may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

The information held herein should only be used for its initial intended purpose(s).  It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only and any unauthorised use, storage, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient then please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then destroy any copies.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Trust.  All incoming and outgoing e-mails and other forms of telecommunication may be monitored.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.