From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lesley Firth
Sent: 19 December 2014 12:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Innovative hand-washing ideas

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a request for information on what other Trusts do to encourage staff to comply with hand-washing protocols. Do any of you work at a Trust that has particularly good compliance rate? Has your Trust had success with creative or innovative ideas? My colleague mentioned that in Nottingham they created a song (to the tune of “if you’re happy and you know it”) which improved staff’s hand-washing compliance. Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,

Lesley

Lesley Firth

Assistant Librarian

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Library and Knowledge Services,

Professional Library, Lincoln County Hospital,

Greetwell Road, Lincoln, LN2 5QY

T: 01522 573952

Keep up to date with Library and Knowledge Services’ news with our blog www.lksnews.wordpress.com

Health Libraries in Lincolnshire www.hello.nhs.uk

We have served the people of Lincolnshire since April 2000, providing a comprehensive range of hospital-based medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological services delivered by highly trained staff and volunteers. Every year, we invest in improving our clinical services by replacing and upgrading our medical equipment, modernising our estate and facilities and improving our information and technology infrastructure.

For the latest information about the Trust please visit: www.ulh.nhs.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please accept my apologies and notify me immediately. Thank you.

Disclaimer: The contents of this email are not necessarily the policy or opinion of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust or any person employed by it. This transmission is intended only for the named recipient(s) and is confidential in nature. If received in error, please return it to the sender and destroy any copies immediately.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent the views of the Trust unless explicitly stated.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.