Dear Mrs Kampert,
First off, I wouldn't put such writers as Pirandello or Ungaretti in the same list of the three others that you mention (Micone, Michelutti and Duliani), at least because those last ones may be popular in Canada but are completely unknown in their native Italy.
As a researcher, you are supposed to follow your subject, but be careful not to let it guide you to any lack of judgement just for the sake and the need of the right proof. You should state clearly what your field of research is: are you interested in Italian writers who, still living in Italy, switched from one language to another, or in emigrant writers who wrote down in their mother tongue but then had to make themselves understood by the community they moved to?
That being said, the very first examples coming to my mind (and probably amongst the most intriguing specimens in Italian literature) are Fenoglio and poet Amelia Rosselli. Both had some of their works written first in english and then self-translated into italian. I guess a closer look into these authors could be of greatest interest for you.
At least, here we are talking about two preeminent authors in the Italian letters.
Best wishes for your work,

A. Marignani
CAER (Aix-Marseille Université)