Hi,
I am sure everyone has seen [EGI-ADV-20141217] which outlines Linux kernel vulnerabilities deemed to be critical to Grid systems. Details can be found at
https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI_CSIRT:Alerts/Linux-2014-12-17
and
https://www.scientificlinux.org/sl-errata/slsa-20141997-1/

I have put the downtimes/warnings in the GOCDB.

There is an warning for the Atlas, CMS and LHCb Castor instances.
The GEN and Alice Castor instances are not affected.

Then there is an outage for for the entire RAL batch farm, ie. the CEs.
This is declared from 09:00 to 13:00 on Tuesday 23rd. All machines in the RAL batch farm will be rebooted to pick up a new kernel and any running jobs will be lost.

Sorry about the short notice for this but the EGI CSIRT team does expect this to be patched before 2014-12-24 T21:00+01:00.

Please reply to the mail if there are any issue you wish to raise.

regards,

John Kelly
RAL Tier1 duty admin.