Dear all,

Just a reminder about our session on the Structure and Evolution of the Crust in Mountain Belts, at the upcoming EGU General Assembly.

Abstracts are due 7 January and can be submitted here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2015/abstractsubmission/17648
Information on the session can be found here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2015/session/17648

Happy holidays!

All the best,

The convenors

Francis Chopin
Annakaisa Korja
Meghan Miller
Daniel Viete

TS6.8 - Structure and evolution of the crust in mountain belts

The structure of mountain belts is a major focus for current research in numerous disciplines, joining areas as apparently diverse as seismic hazard, chemical and geophysical evolution of the continental crust, and origins for magmatism and regional metamorphism. Processes operating in the middle to lower crust at various stages of mountain formation are crucial for understanding evolution of the continental crust and thus the architecture of modern and ancient orogens. This session aims to unite geoscientists from as many subject areas as possible, including but not limited to seismology, geodynamics, numerical modeling, crustal scale geophysics, geochemistry, igneous and metamorphic petrology, and structural geology. We also solicit contributions from the field of tectonic geomorphology, to cover the feedbacks between deep- and shallow-level Earth processes.