Hi Kirsty

Like Alwyn I noticed that you already appear on Tripadvisor, and also that the feedback is overwhelmingly positive - not true for all venues, so you are definitely doing something right!   I agree you could make it work better for you by adding content and so on - but there is no need to spend an enormous amount of time on it, the key thing is that you are there and that the basic facts are correct.

There are other no-brainer options too, including Wikipedia.  Again, you are represented there already, but there is great scope for you to add more to the main article, including links to specific topics, some of which can be to your website.   It is important to avoid the 'sell' approach to editing the article, as you will then just find other wikipedians changing or removing content, but there must be lots of wonderful stories you could go into, perhaps including Dorothy Wordsworth for example.

Other ideas you could consider (as if you didn’t have enough things to worry about already  :-)    )

Putting some/more of your images on Flickr / Creative Commons - increase general awareness of your 'brand'and drive more traffic back to your website

Creating more low cost short video clips

- showing what it is like visiting the museum (either point of view, or following a small group)

- short talking heads on specific topics (say 30-60 seconds, with a link to an article or collections area you may be wanting to drive more traffic to)

- short 'screencast' videos made using a free programe such as Jing or similar, where you/someone talk into your microphone while showing images or parts of your website, to give a very brief overview of

Incidentally, currently when you click on View our collections on the Home page, you go straight to The Art Gallery, which might confuse some people.

I hope some of that useful

Martin

Martin Bazley

Digital heritage consultant