From: Augusta Macdonald
Sent: 27 November 2014 11:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job Opportunity: Edinburgh International Science Festival

Hi All,

We've got two positions available as Events Developers for the Edinburgh International Science Festival. Details below. If anyone has questions, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Augusta

Science Events Developer
Permanent
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 depending on experience

Edinburgh International Science Festival is a high profile and dynamic educational charity. Each year it delivers one of Europe's largest Science Festivals; a primary school education programme which tours across Scotland and a variety of international projects including its role as Major Programme Partner for the Abu Dhabi Science Festival.
We are currently seeking an experienced Events Developer to join our Creative Team. This role will involve researching, developing and creating popular science events and activities for our festival, education and international programmes.
As member of the vibrant Creative Team you will bring an enthusiastic and creative approach to the development of innovative new events, with an emphasis on shows and workshops for children and general family audiences. You will have a good practical understanding of the techniques of public engagement with science and at least two years' experience in this (or another relevant) field.

Your role will encompass all aspects of event development and delivery including taking responsibility for researching suitable topics; devising innovative event ideas and prototyping and testing event components. There is plenty of scope to grow the role and for development and investment by the organisation for the right person.

To view the full job description visit http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 8am, Wednesday 10 December
Interviews: w/c Monday 15 December

If you have any queries about this position please contact Augusta Macdonald, Senior Events Developer [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Augusta Macdonald
Events Developer
Edinburgh International Science Festival
T: 0131 553 0320        E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
DL: 0131 553 9266     W: www.sciencefestival.co.uk<http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk/>

Harbourside House | 110 Commercial Street | Edinburgh | EH6 6NF

Our next Festival runs 4-19 April 2015 and Generation Science will be touring Scotland's schools from 2 February-29 May 2015.

Visit www.sciencefestival.co.uk<http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk> for news on the Festival, our education programmes and events happening year round.

Please think before you print to save energy and paper.