Van: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] namens Anderson M. Winkler [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: zaterdag 13 december 2014 19:33
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [FSL] 2x7 ANOVA - interaction effect

Hi Iris,

This design has problems: EV1 is a linear combination of the subject-specific EVs, and in order to check the interaction, the EVs that code for the stimulus differences need to be split between the groups. The contrasts also don't seem right.

Please, see attached two possible ways of coding. They are equivalent to each other and you can choose either -- results should be the same. You may not need all these contrasts, but I included just so that their construction is clearly visible. You may want to pick the ones you wish for the F-test(s) that you'd like to do.

Use this design (either of them) with randomise, and use the "-e design.grp" option with contrasts C1-C21. For the remaining contrasts, include also the option "--permuteBlocks".

All the best,

Anderson

PS: Just in case, .ods files can be opened with LibreOffice (open-source spreadsheet program, among other things).
PS2: The list won't take the attachment because of the size (>200KB). I'll leave it do download at this link for a couple of days: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2785709/outbox/designs_iris.ods