Dear Friend of Wisdom,

                                      A few days ago I heard a very impressive talk by Dr. Jacqueline McGlade, chief scientist at the UN Environment Programme about her efforts to promote national policies to save the planet.  From her account of her work, it seemed to me she is attempting to put something close to wisdom-inquiry into practice.  I asked her if she got all the help she felt she needed from universities, and I explained I had been arguing for a revolution in universities for some 30 years.  She said No, although interdisciplinary research programmes recently initiated in Europe and in south America helped.  Very encouraging.

                                    On another matter, I have just received the first review of "Global Philosophy": see http://www.ucl.ac.uk/from-knowledge-to-wisdom/reviews/#global .

                      All good wishes,

                                 Nick
Website: www.ucl.ac.uk/from-knowledge-to-wisdom<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/from-knowledge-to-wisdom>