Terry

That looks like a pretty comprehensive list of topics, particularly from the statistical side. Some other content areas to cover I think would include 1) communication of evidence to patients (eg, how to REALLY explain in lay terms that, "no, you DON'T need an annual PSA and DRE" ), 2) exploration of the issues raised more recently regarding the problems with the evidence base itself (your topic list is good, but would seem to presume the evidence base is trustworthy - Carl Heneghan's blog (http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2014/12/04/carl-heneghan-evidence-based-medicine-on-trial/) is a good reminder of when and why it may not be.

As for teaching methods, I like Brian's experiential idea - going beyond lectures to small-group work or working with real-life cases (both real patient cases, and real cases of evidence in the literature) would make for a much better learning experience.

BC

Bill Cayley, Jr, MD MDiv
http://twitter.com/bcayley
Work: 715.286.2270
Pager: 715.838.7940
Home: 715.830.0932
Mobile: 715.828.4636

"I think some of the most celebrated moments in human achievement should be those times when everything is going against a person and they are down in the dumps but they simply choose to get up. That's real greatness."   -- Ryan Hall