I recently came across this blog entry (brought to my attention by an
editor of PeerJ) about plagiarism ghost authorship, and text
laundering in meta analyses. Here's the blog entry:

http://blog.thegrandlocus.com/2014/10/a-flurry-of-copycats-on-pubmed

The authors conclude, " ... The work described in the CISCOM
meta-analyses looks real, the literature is cited properly and is
relevant to the main message... but we cannot help feeling a certain
ethical unrest. We do not want to blame or judge Chinese researchers.
Promotion of Chinese medical doctors is based on publications in SCI
journals, which they cannot write for lack of time and training.
Besides, ghost authorship in many forms is commonplace everywhere in
the scientific world. Yet, the existence of ghostwriting companies
rises many questions about good scientific practice. Many of those
questions are also addressed to the editors publishing these studies."

Farm raised meta analyses? Seems gross undermining of the purpose of
meta analyses, and evidence synthesis.

Thoughts?

/Arin Basu