ESRC postgraduate studentships in the School of Education, University of Leeds.
Deadline for applications is 3 February 2015

Two ESRC White Rose Doctoral Training Centre studentships for PhD study are available at the School of Education, University of Leeds, for a 2015/16 start.

To be eligible for a scholarship, you
*       must be a UK citizen (fees + maintenance grant of c. £13000) or an EU citizen (fees only). The mode of study is 1+3 (i.e. one year research MA + 3 years doctoral study) or +3 (3 years doctoral study), depending on your academic background.
*       must have a strong academic background
*       must submit a high quality research proposal on the scholarship application form
*       must have already applied for a place for PhD study in the School BY 31 DECEMBER 2014

To apply for PhD study we advise you to contact a potential supervisor or supervisors to discuss your idea. Information about the Language Education team and our research and supervision interests can be found on our staff pages at http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/language/

Applications for study at Leeds can be made on line at the following website:
http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/postgraduates/research-postgraduates/phd)
Click on How to Apply, where you will also find information about preparing your research proposal.

The link to the ESRC studentship application is http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk/
(search for ESRC WR DTC Studentships)

For further information about the ESRC studentship please contact Sue Haines:

Sue Haines
Student Recruitment and Marketing
School of Education
University of Leeds
Hillary Place
Leeds LS2 9JT

With best wishes
James Simpson

Dr James Simpson
Senior Lecturer (Language Education)
School of Education
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
T: +44 (0)113 343 4687
W: www.education.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff/academic/simpson<http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff/academic/simpson>

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to