We're recruiting teachers to participate in a free multi-language online module from 19 January to 21 February designed by the EU-Speak consortium of partners in the UK, USA, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain.

The module is a 'study circle' for those working with low-educated immigrant adults in these countries who would like to know more about vocabulary learning through listening.

The English-speaking study circle will consist of teachers in several English-speaking countries, and we're recruiting up to 10 teachers from the UK.

A newsletter about the project, a flyer about the study circle, and an enrolment form are attached. If you're interested, please let us know at

Martha Young Scholten and Yvonne Ritchie

School of English Literature, Language & Linguistics
Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]