Dear all,

Apologies for any duplicate emails.

We take pleasure in inviting you for the next APARSEN webinar on the Launch of the APARSEN Virtual Centre of Excellence.The webinar will be held on 10 December, 14:00 Central European Time (13:00 UK time) via web-meeting and is scheduled to last 2 hours.
See http://www.alliancepermanentaccess.org/index.php/2014/11/21/webinar-on-vcoe-launch/

APARSEN Webinar: Launch of the APARSEN Virtual Centre of Excellence
Wednesday 10 December 14:00 - 16:00 CET

The APARSEN project, bringing together more than 30 partners and finishing by the end of this year, has worked 4 years towards the launch of a Virtual Centre of Excellence for Digital Preservation.

The VCoE will help to avoid further fragmentation in the area of Digital Preservation by providing technical methods and tools as well as DP implementation support services, consultancy and training. The VCoE Unique Value Proposition is based on two pillars:

*        We offer a coherent approach based on value and which can be applied to any kind of digital objects;

*        We are backed by the combined experience of the DP pioneers both in the research field and, more importantly, as worldwide earliest adopters of DP practices.

The speaker's programme is:

1.      Simon Lambert (STFC): It all started in 2004: how we got here

2.      David Giaretta (APA): The VCoE: what it offers

3.      Michel Drescher (EGI) guest speaker: EGI's community infrastructure and the VCoE

4.      Jamie Shiers (CERN) guest speaker: Data Preservation and the challenges of the next 10 years

Moderator: Eefke Smit (STM)

The meeting is a web-meeting and takes place on megameeting: Participation is free, no registration required: http://alliancepermanentaccess.megameeting.com/guest/#&id=36245

More information on APARSEN can be found at:

*        Website: http://aparsen.eu/

*        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APARSEN/

*        Twitter: https://twitter.com/APARSENproject

Looking forward to virtually meeting and discussing with you!

Best wishes,
The APARSEN team

--
Scanned by iCritical.