exactly, I'm also wondering if there is no associated DC use case.

I recommend merging these requirements to R-45-LITERAL-RANGES

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi,

+1 for merging R-45 and R-142. They're not DC req indeed, but it's a cheap one to solve ;-)

About ranges, I agree they are not only about syntactic patterns. I.e if we get an age to be defined as "today.date()-my.dateBirth()" or just "8+5" it means something more than a syntactic check for whether a value matches the regex pattern "[0-9]|1[0-8]".

I reckon it won't work in most implementations, but it is theoretically feasible. Above all I hope it can relate to Karen's point about documentation: ranges can (and should, I believe!) be expressed as something that is not based on low-level checking of sequences of symbols.

With this in mind, I'm uncomfortable with the fact that it has not been identified as a DC requirement yet. Maybe a sign that we're missing something... anyway in the meantime we can still clean the requirement base to make it easier for us to look at non-DC requirement later!

Cheers,

Antoine