Hi all

Just to advise that NPPF has recently been subject to scrutiny by a Commons Select Committee. For latest news see:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/communities-and-local-government-committee/news/nppf-10-ev-session/

This is probably why it is earmarked for archiving.

There are many lobby groups, the Campaign for Rural England and The National Trust amongst them who have been pressing for ‘brownfield first’ principles to be firmly embedded into national and local planning policies.

Time will tell whether they have been successful and/or what (if any) impact there will be on contaminated land regulation.  In the meantime, my advice is to keep calm, take part in consultations and carry on.

Kind regards

Ruth

Ruth Willcox
Environmental Protection Officer