Thank you cell phone typing for the inadvertent prophanity. Sorry!

On Dec 9, 2014 1:00 PM, "Artem Evdokimov" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Generally fab geometry presents problems for mr due to variable interdomain angle. Assuming your sg is correct and this is not a twin, i would try searching at 4 or even 5 a resolution. I would not reject the chance that you have high solvent content, so you might have fewer molecules in au than expected from vm estimates. We recently solved a whole bunch of structures with large unit cell dimensions and high solvent content in the 75% or even 82% range. All had issues with resolution, freezing, and twinning - similar to shat you describe. In a few cases we screened over 35 crystals (of the same protein variant, same condition, just repeats) to find one that diffracted beyond 4a. Don't give up! May the pork be with you.

Artem