"dog training," A euphemism surely.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Dec 4, 2014 12:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: the avant garde vs. the lyrical

No Peter, most of your readership comes from people who really like what you do and think it is really good. I am part of your readership.

Somebody is not going to like your work because they 'mistrust extreme positions' and look at your poetry and think, 'Ooo, look at this non-extreme poetry, this bloke doesn't like extreme positions so I like what he does.' That's nonsense, surely?

I know all sorts of different people (most of 'em poets, I admit) who really like your work and rate it very highly indeed and some of those poets can be pretty extreme in their own work at times.

We don't all have to do the same thing to appreciate each others work.

Other stuff from your post I'll get back to if I have the chance tomorrow. Now I'm off to dog training.

Cheers

Tim