If I must--  I think the support I get comes from individuals. It's not massive because I don't get the block vote you get if you're part of the "innovative" crowd, nor the one you get if you win all the prizes and are promoted by official bodies. But I've had encouragement from all directions, including  major success-poets as well as committed experimentalists. Probably most of my readership comes from people who mistrust extreme positions and a lot of them are people I don't know of.

It is to do with saying, but not saying the right things.

What evidence is there for this "not considered by the mainstream..."?  Have people been expressing opinions?  I've just been told The Ascent... was London Review Bookshop pick of the year in the pamphlet category, so someone must like it.

Peter