Dear members,

Having recently joined your list, I thought it might be the done thing to
make myself known.

To be brief, my connection with the world of poetry (apart from the very
occasional publication of my own work) is mostly via my co-editorship of the
'virtual print' journal, Angle (at www.anglepoetry.co.uk). We publish
bi-annually, and each issue comprises roughly 100 poems and 3-4 reviews. We
are currently at issue 6, and have an estimated readership of 1000-2000 per
issue.

Angle is form-friendly, but certainly not averse to vers libre (although,
speaking for myself, I'm most swayed by the rhythmical and musical). Given
the size of each issue we are able to present a relatively wide range of
work, but don't generally favour the extremes of 'experimental' poetry.

I particularly commend issue 6 to you, since it saw the launch of our
ekphrastic supplement 'Arsy-Versy'. Ekphrasis is a particular interest of
mine, and in my own writing I am currently pursuing a line of (oddly enough)
experimental meta-ekphrasis (for want of a better expression).

One of the things I (and my co-editor, Ann Drysdale, who is a far more
published poet than I) are hoping to do is to increase the amount of
UK/Irish poetry in Angle. Because we advertise as 'form-friendly', and
because of the relatively strong formalist movement in the US, we do tend to
get a lot of material from that side of the Atlantic. This indeed is one of
my reasons for joining the list, although I do have a great interest in
poetics and will no doubt join in some of the discussions as time goes by.

Many thanks,

Philip Quinlan