We are seeking an Archives Assistant to help the Archives and Records Management Team in the efficient operation of the records centre service and public Search Room and enquiry services, in compliance with established best practice and the British Postal Museum & Archive’s (BPMA’s) statutory responsibilities under the Public Records Act. To assist the Catalogue Manager in the cataloguing of public record material.

This post is well suited to someone thinking of undertaking a Masters in Archive Administration in 2016, it's an exciting time to be joining our organisation as we get ready to move the archive to a brand new repository and work towards opening a new museum at the end of 2016.

Based: Central London
Salary: £20k pa
Contract: 18 months
Closing date: 4 January 2015 at 12pm

For more details and how to apply go to http://postalheritage.org.uk/page/archive-assistant

This post will not be advertised through ARA.

Best wishes,

Vicky

Vicky Parkinson
Head of Archives and Records Management

The British Postal Museum & Archive | Freeling House | Phoenix Place | London | WC1X 0DL
D: +44 (0)20 7239 2128

…delivering The Postal Museum

Do you have a favourite postcard? A special letter you’ve kept for years?
Share your story by emailing [log in to unmask] and help us achieve our ambition of filling our brand new museum with the voices of real people.

For all current and upcoming exhibitions please visit our website.
The BPMA is the public identity of the Postal Heritage Trust. Registered as a charity in England and Wales. Registered Charity Number 1102360. Company Number 4896056