Dear Emily,

In response to your email about the surplus mobile shelving, I wanted to mention a new Freecycle section called 'Museum Freecycle', dedicated to freecycling heritage materials.

Museum Freecycle now has more than 260 members around the UK. Materials that have been freecycled include polytunnels, display cases, shelving, racking and unwanted exhibition material. My personal favourite item has been 9 red carpets (various lengths!)

I'm not sure whether the mobile shelving has now gone, but in case your colleagues don't get any takers, it might be an idea to point them at https://groups.freecycle.org/group/MuseumFreecycleUK/posts/all

With best regards,

Nick

Nick Poole
Chief Executive Officer
Collections Trust

Join Collections Trust's Collections Management Group
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

www.collectionstrust.org.uk. Company Registration No: 1300565 Registered Charity No: 273984
Registered Office: Collections Trust, WC 209, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD