Hi John,How I understood your problem was that you are trying to compute the pooled standard error from the two samples and I have assumed that you know much of the stuffs about this situation.As a result, I have ignored further details like assumptions (normality, equality of variances etc) that must be met in order to apply whichever method that you can and I have just given you one example which is for pooled standard error for two sample means with each sample not differing much in their variances (checked using F-distribution). Also, in my post, I said you should have a look at pooled standard errors. However, from what Robert suggested, I think you need to tell us more about your data and the main objective of your analysis so as to allow us provide relevant response to your question and to avoid speculation.Thanks  Kind regards

Justice Moses K. Aheto
PhD Candidate in Medicine (United Kingdom)
MSc Medical Statistics (United Kingdom)
BSc Statistics (Ghana)
HND Statistics (Ghana)

Chief Executive Officer
Statistics and Analytics Consultancy Services Ltd.
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Skype: jascall12
Mobile: +447417589148.