Hi - I'm a bit late catching up on this and am also appalled.  AtW might be asked to explain what this means and challenged about it.  I googled it in case it might refer to some other organisation funding access (you know, sometimes pressure groups take on challenging terminology to provoke, empower, raise awareness) but couldn't find anything.  If it does relate to the individual then it is absolutely absolutely not acceptable.

best wishes

Helen

From: HEEON equal opportunities list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Chris Baxter [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Advice Please

Sometimes Rob?

So, I am obviously being obtuse or perhaps I am refusing to believe that a disabled colleague would be described as deadweight..really, can anyone shed a light on this what is deadweight?

Chris Baxter

Head of Student Disability and Diversity

Student Services

C10 Portland Building

University of Nottingham

0115 9514377

Disability Support website

Equality and Diversity website

Usual working days are Tuesday to Friday