Dear All

             Here at Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals we are hoping to purchase a vendor-neutral POCT IT solution very soon - with Conworx or Aegis-POC our most likely product of choice.

Having looked at each of these in reasonable detail I am very comfortable with the ability of both products to handle incoming patient and QC data in an acceptable way.

Where I am much less at ease is the relative analyser configuration capabilities of these products.

I think I have established that to get decent configuration of complex analysers like blood gas analysers we would need to keep the manufacturer's server & software as well as a vendor neutral IT system - tell me if you disagree please.

My main question to the group is this :

For less complex analysers such as blood glucose, blood ketone, urine analysers, Hb analysers etc can I be confident that we can configure these adequately using JUST the Conworx or Aegis-POC systems and thus dispensing completely with analyser manufacturer's server/software ?

I'm particularly interested to hear from POCT group members who have run glucose/ketone/urine analyser types (please specify which) in this way and equally from those who have actually decided to keep the manufacturer's server/software as well because they don't feel Conworx or Aegis-POC can provide adequate configuration.

I'd be immensely grateful for any comments that can help us here.

A very MERRY XMAS and BEST WISHES FOR 2015 to the whole group - I've really enjoyed your high value contributions throughout this year.

Kind Regards

Steve
Steve Hatfield
Innovation Manager
Pathology
Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

 For Information : I work two days per week - Wednesday & Thursday - please allow for this in communications between us.