Hi Kate,

I have several works on this topic. I have included links where they are available on Academia and will email you a book chapter separately off-list.

Thanks,
Tanya

https://www.academia.edu/1876539/_ZOOARCHAEOLOGICAL_ANALYSIS_OF_A_MULTICOMPONENT_SHELL-BEARING_SITE_IN_DAVIDSON_COUNTY_TENNESSEE

This is a summary blog post of a forthcoming book chapter:
http://tennesseearchaeologycouncil.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/30-days-of-tennessee-archaeology-day-4/

https://www.academia.edu/8419155/Faunal_Assemblage_In_Fernvale_40WM41_A_Late_Archaic_Occupation_Along_the_South_Harpeth_River_in_Williamson_County_Tennessee._

Works by others:

Deter-Wolf, Aaron
https://www.academia.edu/4982428/Needle_in_a_Haystack_Examining_the_Archaeological_Evidence_for_Prehistoric_Tattooing

Deter-Wolf, Aaron
https://www.academia.edu/609377/The_Ensworth_School_Site_40DV184_A_Middle_Archaic_Benton_Occupation_along_the_Harpeth_River_Drainage_in_Middle_Tennessee

Lewis, Thomas M. and Madeline Kneberg Lewis
1961     Eva, An Archaic Site University of Tennessee Press Knoxville

Warren, Diane M.
2004     Skeletal Biology and Paleopathology of Domestic Dogs from Prehistoric Alabama, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Anthropology, Indiana University, Bloomington.

Dr. Tanya M. Peres
Associate Professor and Director, Anthropology Program
Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37132
615-904-8590 (office)
https://sites.google.com/site/tanyamperesphd/
www.facebook.com/MTSUAnthropology

Director, Rutherford County Archaeology Research Program
http://mtsurcarp.wordpress.com/

President, Tennessee Council for Professional Archaeology
http://tennesseearchaeologycouncil.wordpress.com/

President, American Association of University Women - Murfreesboro
http://murfreesboro-tn.aauw.net/