I would appreciate your posting this on the listserve.

I am sending a petition against the BDS boycott of Israeli anthropologists,
which I believe will be both against the spirit of academic freedom and
quite counterproductive. If you agree, please sign and circulate. Our
government will only rejoice at having its critics

silenced.

Anthropologists AGAINST the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions

Dear colleagues,

We're writing now as we hope you'd agree to sign the petition AGAINST the
boycott of Israeli academic institutions.

Please read the petition and sign it at the petition website:

 http://anthroantiboycott.wordpress.com/sign-the-statement/

You can also sign it by responding "yes" to the following email:

(please add your name and affiliation).

At the petition website you'd find more information about the issues and
the debates around the boycott.

We would also deeply appreciate if you could circulate this request among
your colleagues.

Sincerely,

Prof. Michele Rivkin-Fish, UNC Anthropology

Prof. Harvey Goldberg, Hebrew U Sociology and Anthropology

Prof. David Rosen, FDU, Social Sciences and History
--
Dr. Jackie Feldman
Senior Lecturer in Anthropology

Recent book - now in paperback: Above the Death-Pits, beneath the Flag:
Youth Voyages to Poland and the Performance of Israeli National Identity*,
New
York and Oxford: Berghahn Press, 2010.