> PS Thanks for trying this out. I'm feeling quite positive about it. I will
> have to put in a switch to allow new files to be created in v4 for sanity.

Yes we definitely need to be able to control the output format.

> I'm sure the last thing JAC want to do is do all the science archive
> processing in HDF5 without being really sure that it works.

We're not changing horses midway through.  We'll see for Legacy 2, which
will presumably include all pre-EAO data.

> [and who is volunteering to migrate the JCMT and UKIRT data archives
> at CADC to the HDF5 version...]

We've had enough issues with ingestion recently thank you.  If people
download V4 NDFs from CADC they should still be able to read them in
Starlink and make either V4 or V5 new NDFs.  Longer term we'd like not
to have a mixture of formats.  We have other concerns before this I
think, not least the 32-bit dimensions.

Malcolm
--
Scanned by iCritical.