> I need to run a profiler: what's a good single application that does a lot
> of HDS I/O that I can attach a profiler to? SMURF makemap isn't bad but
> most of the I/O is at the start and end of the run time.

Here are some initial thoughts:

Don't know about good, but given some 2dF data FITS2NDF will make lots
of structures.  Likewise a former TWODSPEC app might be another
possibility, as Tim Wilkins liked the baroque data structures, but that
has a Figaro interface in the way.  How about one of the former SPECDRE
tasks like FITGAUSS on some ACSIS spectral cube as this needs to store
the fits?  Is the SPECDRE extension like this
http://www.starlink.ac.uk/docs/sun86.htx/node48.html what you have in
mind?

Malcolm

--