Dear SPM users,

I have a doubt about the specification of my factorial design in a VBM analysis.

I have a population divided into Patients and Healthy Controls (P and HC). I'd like to test whether there exist any differences between the two groups, removing the effect of gender, age, and TIV.

Therefore I would do an ANCOVA, but the Design menu in the Factorial design specification  only provides me with t-test, multiple regression, ANOVA, Full factorial, and Flexible factorial. So:

1. can I choose the One-way ANOVA, setting to YES the Design -> One-way ANOVA -> ANCOVA though they say that "This is only used for PET data"?

2. should I choose a Two-sample t-test, specifying three additional covariates?

3. since both the t-test and the One-way ANOVA allow inserting covariates, which are the difference between the two models?

Thank you,

elisa

--
Elisa Veronese - PhD

Research Unit on Brain Imaging and Neuropsychology (RUBIN)
Inter-University Center for Behavioral Neurosciences (ICBN)
University of Udine and University of Verona, Italy