Dear All

In addition to some fat skin etc., the tpm for class 5 contains some of the major vessels: MCA, some of transverse sinus, sagittal sinus, some of Circle of Willis, and in SPM12 the straight sinus. There is actually quite a bit of difference between TPM,5 in SPM12 and the one form “new segmentation” in SPM8. I have tried to add a vessel only class based on a MP2RAGE with and without contrast. But this is a tricky class to fit as the intensity will wary greatly depending on the angle between B0 and the flow. I would be great if John could share some details about how these templates were created.

Best
Torben

P.S. in the attached figure the intensity range was reduced to [0 0.5], and the SPM12 version is shown on top.

Torben Ellegaard Lund
Associate Professor, PhD
Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN)
Aarhus University
Aarhus University Hospital
Building 10G, 5th floor, room 31
Noerrebrogade 44