Dear all

I have a question regarding extraction of the y values using Plot option.

In the Results window, Plot button and subsequently Contrast Estimates exports the values at the current location as variable y in the MATLAB workspace. I understand that one can use the following code to go through the images and extract the values in a sphere around that location one by one (for example per subject, or per scan).

V = spm_vol('con_0004.nii');

% Define a sphere
radius_mm = 1.5;
centre_mm = [0 -70 -2]';
xY = struct('def','sphere', 'spec', radius_mm, 'xyz', centre_mm);

% Extract the data
Y = spm_summarise(V,xY);

I have a few questions
  1. Does Plot option in the Results of the 1st level analysis, consider the parameters such as movement and rotation in the extract of the y values?
  2. Does it consider the HRF? or it extract the raw values from the functional images?
  3. How can I extract the values (especially using coding) considering the motion, movement and HRF and generally using SPM machinery, instead of using the above example which extract the raw values from the images?
Very many thanks.

Greetings :-)
Amir