Hi everyone,

I was after a little advice about different approaches to our analysis.  With the same data, we did HDW in SPM8 and longitudinal registration in SPM12 and are getting uncorrelated results; we had suspected that the results would be stronger with LR in SPM12.  We are fairly confident that our processing was done correctly and that we are comparing similar values.

As a check, we used a significant cluster from an SPM12-LR analysis, masked it onto individuals’ jd files in group space.  Then we used the same cluster, masked them onto jy files from an SPM8-HDW analysis and generated a scatterplot from the values, and they were uncorrelated.

Has anyone directly compared the values of the two methods?

Is one “more correct” than the other?

Thanks so much!

Best wishes,

Joanne

Joanne Lin, Ph.D. | Postdoctoral Trainee

Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue Lab

UAB | The University of Alabama at Birmingham

CH 233 | 1720 2nd Ave S | Birmingham, AL 35294-1170

P: 205.975.5941 | [log in to unmask]

uab.edu

Knowledge that will change your world