I'm re-sending the message below with the links to the images.

raw.png
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-hPZ22Vq1VSG1kTlBwbjVRSk0/view?usp=sharing

Shengwei

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Shengwei Zhang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you for your detailed reply, John. I tried SPM12, but I'm afraid the segmentation is still not satisfactory. Probably the raw space T1 image is far from well aligned with MNI space.

The attached images are a quick demonstration of what I was referring to, all performed in SPM12.
The raw.png is my raw space T1 image, and the raw-gmpm.png is the native space GM probability map given by 'Spatial'->'Segment' module in batch editor.
The coreg.png is from the same subject after linearly aligned to MNI space, and the coreg-gmpm.png is the GM probability map of the aligned image, which is much more reasonable.

Could you please suggest what may cause this and advise how I can run DARTEL on the raw space image and avoid running it on the aligned image? Thanks again.

Shengwei