The deformations usually used for spatially normalising images involve a
mapping from MNI coordinates to real-world mm coordinates.  If you are
using SPM12, you should be able to just read off the x, y, z value stored
at the relevant MNI coordinate, in order to see where the points originally
come from.  If you are using an older version of SPM, then you can write
out the deformations as a y_*.nii using the "Deformations Utility", and do
the same using this.

Best regards,
-John