Dear All,

I have received the following call for papers:

CFP: “Kipling beyond India ”

I am interested in submitting a panel proposal titled "Kipling beyond India" for NAVSA’s 2015 conference on “Victorians in the World,” which will take place in Hawaii, July 9-12. Information on the conference can be found here: http://navsa.org/2014/10/29/cfp-navsa-2015-victorians-in-the-world-12114-79-1214/

The panel I have in mind would include (1) a paper I’ll be writing on Kipling in South Africa, as well as two other papers: (2) Kipling and America (or Kipling and New England, or Kipling and Vermont), and (3) Kipling and England (or Kipling and Sussex, or...).

If this is of interest to you, please send a one-page CV and 250-word abstract for (2) or (3) to [log in to unmask] by November 23, 2014. Please note that this is soon, but that’s because the panel proposal deadline is December 1.

If you are interested in chairing, please feel free to send an email to that effect to [log in to unmask].

Thank you,

Melissa Free

Assistant Professor

Department of English