Following numerous requests and Gill's kind but unwarranted approbation I have quickly assembled a resource to support Literature Searching for Realist Reviews:
http://realistsearch.pbworks.com/

It includes my own CARES presentation and all the other essential searching methods items in my personal "Desert Island" Collection. I am hoping that Chris Cooper will also make his CARES presentation available to us.

So if you have emailed me for search guidance over the last few days (thanks Gill :-) )please look at this resource first. Of course I will then be happy to answer specific questions arising from the resource materials (and of course any resource I subsequently find useful in answering your follow up questions).

As in true realist fashion I have privileged relevance and timeliness over rigour I will be very interested in learning of anything you find useful that is not yet included on my resource :-)

I hope you will find it useful!

Best wishes

Andrew
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

The House for Realist “Fun”

(With Apologies to the House of The Rising Sun)

There is a house in Liv-er-pool
It’s known to Ray Paw-son
And it's been the ruin of so much E-B-M
And don’t I know I'm one!

My mother was “relative”
(Don’t know what that term means!)
My father was positivist
Written in his genes

Now the only thing a realist needs
Is a mid-range theory
And the only time he's satisfied
He comes across quite dreary

Oh, tutors, tell your students
Not to do what I have done
The only Outcome there is misery
Whatever the Mech-a-nis-m

Well, I got one eye on the Programme
The source of all my pains
I'm goin' back to Liv-er-pool
To break my C-MO chains

Well, there is a house in Liv-er-pool
It’s known to Ray Paw-son
And it's been the ruin of so much E-B-M
And now I know I'm done!

--
Dr Andrew Booth BA Dip Lib MSc PhD MCLIP
Reader in Evidence Based Information Practice

School of Health & Related Research (ScHARR)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court
30 Regent Street
Sheffield
S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 0705
Fax:+44 (0) 114 272 4095
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.shef.ac.uk/scharr/sections/ir/staff/booth
http://scharrheds.blogspot.com/

Lead Author of Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review, Sage Publishers, 2011.

The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.

94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.

*The Telegraph

The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.