Dear Gordon

If you mean "display British Library images on my server", that's correct. As a class those images provide a revenue stream for the BL. One has to pay for the right to display BL images (e.g. via copied digital files) and that has to be negotiated with the BL's Permissions Department. See the first paragraph here:
http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/atyourdesk/imaging/faqs/faq.html#charge

If you mean "view the British Library images in my browser", that's also correct -- for the totality of such images. You may view only such of the British Library's digital images as it chooses either to make available to the general public on the Web or to license to others for specific purposes (e.g. for a publication or an exhibition).

With regret (because the licensing fees are steep),
John