George, thank you for relaying the sad news about Tom Head. Despite being a
little out-dated now, his guides and bibliographies for Hagiography (2002,
I think) are still a wonderful resource. It's an education just to look
through them. They're still accessible via the Orb:
     http://www.the-orb.net/encyclop/religion/hagiography/hagindex.html

-- Paul

On 18 November 2014 04:58, Janine Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I heard this and was saddened.  He also was a participant in the informal
> New York City "Friends of the Saints" group that was organized originally
> by Jo Ann McNamara, back when she was still with us.
>
> If anyone would like to write an "in memoriam" for Tom Head, I would be
> happy to post it on the "recent news" page of the Hagiography Society's
> website:
>
> http://www.hagiographysociety.org/?page_id=97
>
> Please contact me off-list: [log in to unmask]
>
> All best,
>
> Janine (Communications chair of the Hagiography Society)
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Sherry Reames <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
>>
>> What sad news! He was a major contributor to getting the Hagiography
>> Society started too, and many of us will remember him with both admiration
>> and affection. Thanks for letting us know, George.
>>
>> Sherry Reames
>>
>> On 11/17/14, George FERZOCO  wrote:
>> > medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
>> culture
>> >
>> > Dear medieval-religion colleagues,
>> >
>> > One of those most associated with the early days of our list, Tom Head,
>> has passed away. As many of you will know, Tom was a great scholar and
>> teacher of medieval hagiography, witnessed in part by publications such as
>> *Hagiography and the cult of saints. The diocese of Orléans, 800-1200* and
>> *Medieval hagiography. An anthology*.
>> >
>> > R.I.P.
>> >

>> http://www.averystortifuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2806731&fh_id=13474
>> >
>> > --
>> > George FERZOCO

>> > to: [log in to unmask]
>> > In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>> > For further information, visit our web site:
>> > http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion

>> to: [log in to unmask]
>> In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>> For further information, visit our web site:
>> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion

> report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
> [log in to unmask] For further information, visit
> our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3246 9888  |  home: (07) 3246 9894