I heard this and was saddened.  He also was a participant in the informal New York City "Friends of the Saints" group that was organized originally by Jo Ann McNamara, back when she was still with us.

If anyone would like to write an "in memoriam" for Tom Head, I would be happy to post it on the "recent news" page of the Hagiography Society's website:

http://www.hagiographysociety.org/?page_id=97

Please contact me off-list: [log in to unmask]

All best,

Janine (Communications chair of the Hagiography Society)